Another year. YET another year. Again I have nothing to look forward to. Yet again my whole world is in chaos. My life seems utterly meaningless. There's nothing that I can wake upto, no anticipation, no prospects of better living. I live only to wake up the mundanely boring. Every morning brings with it more of the same. Every sunrise is just an excuse for boredom. Every day is a repeat of countless others.
Monotony. The word was coined keeping my life in mind. It's incredible how things seem to remain the same no matter how much they change. Paradoxical. Ironic. Sad.
Amongst my new-year's resolutions is a long list of things that I decide to do every year. Each year, I procrastinate and eventually tuck them away somewhere for future reference. This year though, I have a feeling things are going to be very different. I'm hoping against hope that I've matured enough to know the importance of certain things in my life. Also hoping that I can manage to do the things I want to do and say the things I've been meaning to. I wish that I can live out this year meaning everything I say. I'm sick of the hypocrisy and the blatant lies. I'm sick of pretenses and deception. More than anything else, I'm sick of living a lie. This year, it all changes.
Graduation will come. Job-hunting will follow. Growing up is a process and I'm in the thick of it. I will be better person--better than I have ever been before.

Good-bye 2004. Thank you.
Welcome 2005. Be nice.

No comments: