It's been almost 18 months since I was last typing in this Compose box. Much has happened in that time. For those interested (and not on my Facebook), below are a few highlights:

Ali moved to Karachi. Ali lived in my house for a while. Ali got a job at Citibank.
Yogi lived in my house for a while. Yogi lay on my carpet for a long, long while. Yogi moved to Canada. My carpet misses him.
Xeb (The Fully Bright One) became a Columbian drug-lord. Xeb moved to NYC. Xeb complained she was living in a shoe-box.
Sarah became a part of my life. Sarah attempted to look younger than her 45. Sarah is now a banker. Sarah also has a new place to live which I haven't seen yet.

In family news, my parents finally met Hadia's. On 25th November 2007, a Formal Rishta Meeting was convened. On 19th December 2007, when Raamis K. Baghpati turned three, Saad F. Akhtar lost his freedom. There is no ring yet. No pieces of paper either. There will be soon.
Hamza K. Baghpati was born a few hours short of April Fools' Day 2008.
On Sunday, 16th June 2008, Saad F. Akhtar made The Smart Call and moved to Islamabad.
I'm currently house-hunting. If anyone has a place they're willing to rent out to me, please let me know.

The Celtics are The Champions! I am mourning for Kobe. I am ecstatic about KG.

______________________________

I've returned to the blog because of a need to write. I've been working on some shorts which might eventually see the light of day in this space. Most likely, I will return to random observations, experiences and sports.

Stay tuned for more. Same Bat time! Same Bat channel!

8 comments:

Bakatron said...

what do i look like? chopped liver :(

Sapphire said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sapphire said...

he celtics were number one which means we (the cavs) were technically number two-- Greattt championship-- was fun to watch.. i went to the cavs vs celtics home game and it was awesomeee.. i also went to the cavs vs heats game on christmas and it too was awesomeeee...

kg was crying like a baby. ray allen was on fire. i am in love with boobie.

Saad F'akhtar said...

Boobie's a rockstar!

My own Fav team is the Spurs. Since the Cavs are a clone of the spurs, I love to watch them too. And the Lakers are now incredible amounts of fun to watch because they have the greatest offensive arsenal in a long, long time!

Bakatron said...

the golden state warriors of the early 90s were like... the best ever !

Saad F'akhtar said...

Ah, the Old One speaks! The Jazz and the rockets from the 90's. And Orlando with Shaq and Penny!!! If it weren't for MJ, Stockton-Malone would be champions. And The Dream would have won more too.

Bakatron said...

if it wasnt for mj, white people could have won the nba finals!

Unknown said...

i miss the carpet...