Earlier this year, I lost all my music.

I had more than 30GB of the most eclectic and varied music you can imagine. I'd spent the entire year before being Dirty Downloader, getting entire discographies off the net. Entire collections of my favorite music were on an external hard-drive. Jazz, all kinds of Rock, Broadway, ghazals, qawwalis, Pop, English, Urdu, Hindi, Spanish -- you name it, I had it.

And then I lost it all.

Discographies for DMB, The Beatles, The Doors, U2, Queen, The Who, Gipsy Kings, Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan, Junoon, Vital Signs, Aerosmith, Michael Jackson and RHCP were part of the music. As was almost 3GB of Jazz from all over the world. I had Indian film songs, Pakistani and India Pop and ghazals by Mehdi Hasan and Jagjit Singh.

It's all gone now.

I'm rebuilding.

No comments: